When you make a significant investment in nourishing, real foods it is important to get the most our of your investment. Here are just a few ways I get the most bang for my poultry dollars!
Buy whole chickens. You can do so much with a whole chicken! Here are a few ways I utilize mine:
1) Meal 1: Roasted chicken breast, sauteed vegis over rice
2) Meal 2: Chicken Fajitas in corn tortillas
3) Leftovers: Stew the entire carcass for 10 hours in the slow cooker. Strain the broth and freeze the leftover stewed carcass!
4) Use fresh chicken broth to make a creamy soup: 2 cups broth, 1 cup heavy cream, 1 tbsp curry, 1/4 cup chives ( Add any leftover meat).
5) Use previously stewed/frozen carcass to make a remouillage. Cooked longer (24 hours) it can be just as tasty as the first batch!
So here, we have 5 different uses for one bird at the same price as a package of pre-cut chicken breasts. How do you stretch your food budget? ~Carmen